Obtaining your first National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan can be time-consuming, and one of the most challenging jobs is determining your goals. However, objectives exist to motivate you to live your best life.
You may have never given any attention to your aspirations, let alone shared them with a stranger. However, the NDIS requires you to create objectives and discuss them with your LAC or NDIS planner. Your NDIS plan financing will be linked to purchasing services or commodities that will assist you in meeting your objectives.
What is a goal?
- Goals define what you desire to accomplish, grow, or learn. There are both short-term and medium- to long-term objectives. Consider what is essential to you and what you want to achieve while thinking about a goal.
Why does the NDIS need to know my goals?
- Your NDIS funding is based on your goals.
- Your goals will be listed in your NDIS plan and your NDIS funding will help you to try and achieve your life goals.
What are the types of goals?
Become more independent
- Further, develop independence with self-care skills and confidence with daily living tasks
- Assistance with cleaning or yard maintenance
- Support that helps you travel to work or other places that will help you achieve your goals
- Increase your ability to access the community for social and recreational activities.
- Assistance with interpreting and translating.
Build your skills
- Improve your communication
- Further, improve your mobility
- Develop skills to build and maintain your relationships
- Training for your support network increasing their capacity to support you
- Learn strategies to manage emotions and build your relationships
- Develop skills to create pathways to build new friendships
Improve your Health and Wellbeing
- Increase your participation in physical activities
- Support with healthy food options and planning
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
How can you set your goals to get the most out of your NDIS plan?
- You should base your objectives on what you want to achieve but also consider what services or goods you need to purchase to get there. Our Top Ideas for Making NDIS plan objectives blog provides an overview of how to develop goals to acquire the products and services you require!